Electrical Resident Engineer - To £47.50 p/h
We are currently looking for a reliable Electrical bias, MEP Resident Engineer who has a good understanding of design to be onsite from January 2018 to December 2018 on a prestigious large scale, new build mixed use (Residential & Retail) development located in North London.
The MEP Resident Engineer must have a good understanding of all services and trades and be able to establish rapport quickly and adopt a collaborative approach to problem solving working with both contractors, the developer and the project and construction managers.
The key duties will include;
- Monitor and verification of the MEP installations.
- Verify the method statements for inspection and testing procedures for utilities (water, gas and incoming power), LV electrical, mechanical, public health and fire services.
- Testing and witnessing of all MEP Services installations.
- Identifying any potential coordination issues and proposing solutions to ensure the programme doesn't drift.
- Leading progress meetings with client and delivery contractors, keeping the developer informed of progress.
- Checking technical compliance of contractor's installations and respond to and resolve any MEP design related issues.
- Identify snagging and then approve the de-snagging issues prior to handover.
The MEP Resident Engineer will be required to oversee the final stages of this project and act as the eyes and ears on the ground and ensure the project is completed on time and that the quality of the installations meets the client's expectations and the original design intent.Although this specific assignment is only two days a week for the next 12 months, they do have a number of other major projects nearing practical completion so they may be able to offer you three or four days a week.