Mechanical Associate - £60 - £70K + Package
We are working with an innovative and employee owned Building Services Consultancy located in London to find them a Mechanical Associate for their vibrant, open plan London studio.
Established around 10 years ago they continue to partner with signature architects on a range of award winning and unique projects across the UK and around teh globe; with recent projects commissioned in South Asia, Central Europe and Africa.
Offering a clear route to Partnership, a flat structure, a fascinating range of projects and no office politics, this role will appeal to a creative Mechanical Associate who is passionate about designing architecturally pleasing, low and zero carbon buildings.
This role also offers the opportunity of being instrumental in the future success and direction of the London office and truly leading the projects from feasibility through to Post Occupancy Evaluations.
As part of their Senior Management team you will responsible for;
- Designing, managing and delivery of projects from feasibility to practical completion.
- Ensure all designs utilise cutting edge technologies
- Collaborate with signature architects on competitions.
- Assume responsibility for the performance of the Mechanical team and actively encourage out of the box thinking.
- Assume full P+L / Financial responsibility for all projects under your control.
- Take a lead role in resource planning and fee allocation
- Help attract, recruit and mentor new staff.
- Attend relevant industry trade and networking events.
- Maintain a hands-on approach to design on projects.
With over 80% of their required fee income already secured for 2018, they are using this period of growth to focus on employing individuals who are passionate about health and well-being and holistic MEP design.
This role would suit a Mechanical Associate who is committed to addressing the Performance gap by designing buildings that do actually perform in use as they were designed to perform during the early stages of design by combining sound HVAC design principals, Building Physics and BIM methodologies.
- Degree qualified and preferably Chartered.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in Building Services.
- Previous experience on working on £5 - £150M projects.
- Able to convoy concept designs using hand sketches.
- Good understanding of high performance building design and BIM.
- Comfortable in a client facing role, able to build rapport quickly with clients, architects, developers and colleagues.
More searches like this
- Building services (general) Project Management jobs in South East England
- Environmental engineering Project Management jobs in South East England
- Mechanical engineering Project Management jobs in South East England
- Public health engineering Project Management jobs in South East England
- Sustainability Project Management jobs in South East England