Low Carbon Consultant
Employer: The Energy Checking Company
Job title: Low Carbon Consultant
Department: Technical Team
Location: South Shields
Salary: Salary to be negotiated.
Hours of work: 37.5
Reporting to: Head of Energy and Technology
The Energy Checking Company is an International Energy Consultancy focused on 3 key areas for our customers - energy procurement, energy management and energy efficiency. Our aim is to provide a reliable, professional and consultative service aimed at reducing energy costs, shrinking carbon footprints and promoting the update of energy efficiency measures & renewable energy technology
We have offices in South Shields, Birmingham and Inverness and have undergone rapid growth over the last 3 years achieving a turnover of £3million and a headcount of 95 employees.
The main duties and responsibilities of the Low Carbon Consultant at The Energy Checking Company Ltd are including but not limited to;
- Developing and implementing energy reduction plans for customers throughout the UK and abroad.
- Compiling customer energy reports identifying potential savings, carbon emissions and anomalies.
- Source or prepare quotations for works identified from energy surveys.
- Provide expert advice on funding schemes and financing options to customers.
- Management of implementation of TECCnology meter monitoring hardware and software.
- Undertaking site surveys and visits to undertake feasibility studies.
- Representing the company at conventions, annual meetings, trade associations and seminars.
- Manage tenders for customers for the installation of renewable energy projects and energy efficiency programmes.
- Training and development of sales agents.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Preparation of monthly reports to the Head of Energy and Technology.
- To represent the business in an exemplary fashion
- To attend team meetings and share best practice with colleagues
- To adhere to and promote the Company Mission Statement and Core Values
- To ensure on all occasions, you observe safe working practices in order to satisfy Health and Safety at Work, Fire Procedures and other Statutory Legislation
Experience / Qualifications
- Non-Domestic Energy Assessor Qualification – (Level 4)
- Previous experience in the energy sector (preferred).
- Outstanding knowledge of Energy Efficient/Renewable Technologies.
- Experience at a Senior Management Level.
- Further Education (A-Levels or equivalent in a Environmental/Renewables Related Topic)
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline (preferred)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet targets
- Process orientated
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Outstanding Communication Skills
- Good computer skills
- Adaptable to change within the business
- Ability to work as part of a team or on an individual basis
- Willingness to develop in-line with continuing professional development
Please apply with covering letter and full curriculum vitae
If you do not hear from us within 7 working days of submitting your application you will not have been successful.