Facilities Officer (Technical)
An education facility in Belfast require an Electrical / Mechanical based engineer to oversee maintenance.
Your new company
A tertiary education campus in Belfast set in a mature landscape of 44 acres and comprises a number of buildings ranging in ages and design including administration buildings, lecture theatres and a library.
Your new role
This is a temporary position initially for up to 4 months reporting to the Head of Estates Services. The main duties of the role are to include:
- To assist in the delivery of reactive maintenance, ensuring the smooth operation of all plant, equipment and facilities including monitoring, repairing or arranging repair, maintenance and/or replacement and to undertake record keeping and financial monitoring of the reactive maintenance process.
- To liaise with and supervise consultants and contractors on minor works contracts ensuring that all works are carried out in compliance with relevant legislation, that all systems and equipment conform to current legislation and to undertake financial monitoring to ensure work is carried out within allocated budget.
- To effectively use and schedule reactive maintenance requirements via the Estates management information system (Concept).
- To assist in the delivery of planned building maintenance program in the key areas of building fabric, plant, ventilation, mechanical and electrical systems and to liaise with outside agencies & contractors as necessary.
- To carry out any works that may be delegated with respect to Health & Safety and Fire Prevention matters within the College.
- To assist with the daily operation and monitoring of the College's Building Management system to maintain comfort levels for all building users.
- To assist with maintaining an inventory of all equipment and supplies used within the College.
- To undertake administration associated with the duties of the role.
What you'll need to succeed
Ideally you will have a time served qualification and have at least 2 years experience in an electrical, mechanical, refrigeration or air conditioning trade. You will be available immediately to take up the position at short notice following interview.
What you'll get in return
This is a superb opportunity to gain experience in a public sector client side organisation which would further enhance your suitability for future positions of this nature. The pay rate for this position is £13.52 per hour, 37 hours per week Monday to Friday. Free on site car parking in Belfast. Paid weekly via BACS transfer every Friday morning.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.