Electrical Quantity Surveyor
Electrical Quantity Surveyor - Building Services Contractor - Northampton - £30-40k
Your new company
A growing Electrical Services Provider looking for an Electrical Quantity Surveyor to join the team in their Northamptonshire based office. They cover a varied range of industries including healthcare, quarries, food and education. Our projects vary from £1k to £2m. The successful applicant will have a pro active approach with enthusiasm and commitment to the job as well as, ideally, a secure knowledge of the electrical industry.
The client welcomes new initiatives but at the same time will be happy to help bridge any gaps in your knowledge with assistance from the rest of their team and will provide training as necessary.
You will be working with commercial and operational teams to strive for continuous improvement within our organisation. This is an excellent opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor looking for a varied role to become a valuable member of their team whilst being able to work independently.
Your new role
- Valuing completed works and arranging payments
- Preparing, negotiating and submitting final accounts
- Attendance of site meetings
- Assistance with the evaluation and submission of claims for variation works
- Preparing documents from tender and contract
- Reviewing of contractual documentation for the protection of the company
- Assistance with the evaluation of subcontractor contracts and costs
- Running of project profitability reports, measuring against targets
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree in Quantity Surveying/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering (or working towards this)
- Professional experience working on commercial projects
- Familiarity with JCT contracts
- The ability to anticipate problems to ensure early intervention
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically in MS Excel
- Experience using contract management software (Trimble) is desirable but not essential as training will be provided
- Secure numeracy skills to complete the financial and mathematical aspects of the role
- Able to demonstrate innovative approaches to problem solving and an ability and willingness to negotiate across the various levels of any construction environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Pro active, self motivated professional with a positive work ethic
What you'll get in return
- £30,000 - 40,000
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Company pension
- Mobile Phone / Laptop
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.