Technical Manager (Mechanical)
NG Bailey is the UK’s leading independent engineering, rail, IT and facilities services business with a deserved reputation for excellence. Our mission is 'to responsibly design, build, operate and maintain building, infrastructure and IT services' and our core values of passion, integrity and excellence drive everything we do.
As a result of continued success, we have an opportunity for an experienced Mechanically biased Technical Manager with a strong technical engineering background to aid our design and project delivery teams with an impressive project portfolio including Commercial, Healthcare, Leisure and Education sectors across the North.
With a focus on design optimisation, identifying opportunities and mitigating risk the candidate will use their extensive technical knowledge to manage projects from inception to completion.
- Lead and advise on both Design and Build and traditional MEP projects paying special attention to best value design process and management of opportunities and risk mitigation
- Take responsibility for design and technical work for a number of projects including work subcontracted to consultants and be the NG Bailey representative on all technical matters
- Conduct regular design/technical reviews of both internal and external designs and produce reports to detail findings and make recommendations, ensuring actions are concluded
- Provide advice and support to ensure that designs and installations meet the required standard
- Keep up to date with current and proposed legislation around relevant building services regulations and share knowledge with the business
- Develop other designers and design consultants through assessment of competence, agreeing responsibility at project pre-commencement stage
The Technical Manager will be an experienced mechanical disciplined professional, with extensive MEP design experience and outstanding technical management skills.
You will have a good understanding of design and build and traditional construction contracts and use your outstanding communication skills to influence at all levels.
You are likely to have minimum HNC level qualifications in Mechanical or Building Services and it would be advantageous to be a member of CIBSE, and registered as a Chartered Engineer with the Engineer Council.
Rewards, Training & Benefits
You can look forward to a competitive salary, car or car allowance and a range of flexible benefits including generous holiday entitlement, market leading pension scheme and private healthcare.
You will join a strong, ambitious and determined team and be able to be involved with and be able to influence a variety of prestigious projects.
The successful applicant will join a truly dynamic team and be assured of measurable career progression.