Intermediate/Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Are you an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer who wants to work on exceptionally varied and diverse projects in a team atmosphere?
As the demand for our expertise continues to grow, we now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team in Manchester delivering innovative solutions for our clients.
Our projects include large industrial and commercial schemes with contract values over £30 million to smaller schemes and working for interesting clients including F1 Teams, motor manufacturers, Schools/Universities, contractors, developers etc.
What you’ll be doing
- Working as part of a design team delivering detailed design
- Using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) and BIM (Revit) software and other resources to design the systems required for the project
- Designing site-specific equipment as required
- Overseeing and supervising the installation of building systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures
- Liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, architects, surveyors, and contractors of in-house and external project teams
- Attending a range of project group and technical meetings
- Ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements
- Advising clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimise the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint
What we need from you
- Experience with running projects from conception through to completion including calculations, drawings, specifications, etc
- Accredited Building Services degree or higher educational qualification (HNC/HND)
- AutoCAD experience (experience with IES modelling and Revit would be an advantage)
We invest heavily in our biggest assets........our people. We actively challenge and continuously improve our performance by investing in the training and development of our people. And as you will find out from day one in your career, you will be handsomely rewarded:
• 25 days holiday
• Private Healthcare
• Subscription, assessment and membership fees for relevant professional bodies
• Life Assurance
• Pension: Standard 5% Contribution
• Highly competitive salary