MEP CAD Technician
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a MEP CAD Technician to join a high profile, international building services consultancy based in Oxford.
Established over 30 years ago they now operate across the UK, Australia and the USA and have revolutionised many aspects of the built environment and genuinely employ some of the most talented and inspirational Engineers and BIM technicians in the industry.
Offering a CIBSE approved Training program, ongoing CPD, interesting and diverse projects and a friendly working environment; you will work closely with the BIM / CAD Manager and MEP Design Engineers and develop your AutoCAD skills and understanding of building services, energy efficient design and MEP Design best practices.
In addition to your CAD duties, you will also be trained to use Navis works and Revit so you can assist with MEP Clash detection, coordination and ideally, start designing into Revit within the next 12 months.
- Taking Engineers sketches and drawings and producing layouts for mechanical, electrical and public health services.
- Developing MEP layouts and schematics from preliminary to construction stages.
- Assisting maintaining the company drawing standards, templates & symbols and
- detail libraries.
- Managing project xref's and incoming drawings.
- Production of project specific detail sheets
- Managing the issuing project information
- Supporting the BIM Technicians when required.
- Able to read and understand engineering mark-ups drawings and the intended design strategy
- At least two years' experience as a MEP CAD Technician.
- Good awareness of all three (MEP) services and be able to identify and resolve any cross-discipline coordination issues.
- Keen interest in sustainability and high-performance, holistic building design.
- Whilst not essential, some previous experience with Revit would be ideal. a
- Private Medical Insurance
- Payment of 1 x Professional Membership
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible hours