Associate Mechanical Engineer
Pick Everard is a leading independent, multi-professional consultancy practice. Our goal is simple: to be the most highly regarded consultant in the property and construction industry. Delivered through 11 UK offices, the firm employs nearly 500 staff and has operated for over 150 years within the UK property market.
About the role
We are currently looking to appoint an Associate Mechanical Engineer within our Building Services team in Leicester.
You will be responsible for line managing a small team of Building Services Engineers and Technicians, as well as managing and delivering designs for a wide range of innovative and challenging projects in a variety of sectors – with a strong focus on working with our existing public sector clients.
Main duties will also include:
- Key account management, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction
- Undertaking business development activities including leading bid and presentation teams
- Monitoring staff performance including undertaking annual appraisals, setting objectives and maintaining a productive, cohesive and profitable team
- Liaising and engaging with other parts of the business and discipline leads to ensure quality and performance is maintained
This role provides an exciting opportunity to join our Building Services management team and to make your mark working for a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy with 11 offices across the UK.
We are seeking an experienced engineer who has a solid design/technical background, as well as strong stakeholder management and presentation skills.
In addition you should also have:
- Degree level qualification - desirable
- Chartered Engineer (MCIBSE) status - desirable
- Significant experience of mechanical building services / HVAC design (ie. domestic water services, ventilation, heating, cooling)
- Hands on knowledge and understanding of IES, Hevacomp and AutoCAD; experience with Revit MEP would be also useful
- Knowledge of current legislation e.g. UK Building Regulations, also Low/Zero Carbon Technologies and BREEAM
The position will require frequent travel to meetings in the Midlands and infrequently to other UK regions, therefore a full UK driving licence will also be essential.
We value and promote a positive work-life balance and encourage every member of our team to get involved with charity, sports, community and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organisation.
You will receive a competitive salary that will match your skills and experience, as well as the following benefits:
- Stakeholder pension
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance
- 26 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Company car or car allowance
- Discretionary bonus / divisional profit share
- Professional subscriptions
- Childcare vouchers
If you are interested in this Associate Mechanical Engineer opportunity in Leicester please apply below with your CV and a covering letter, clearly stating your current remuneration and/or salary expectations.