Director of Operations
3 days left
- Full Time
Business : Commercial Kitchen Maintenance (techs in vans, fixing cookers, fridge, dishwashers)
Territory : UK – and growing abroad, currently Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Qatar.
Last 7 years : 30% CAGR, standard setting: doing the right things, right.
Today: 60 techs, UK workforce 100, £10M turnover; + 3 teams in the Middle East.
Next 7 years: More of the same at the same rate – can we define our industry around the globe?
Following the departure of Alistair Collins, OD for the last nearly four years to run his own thing, we are looking for a very accomplished Operations Leader to:
- Develop the field service team – technically sure but, critically, as all-round business ambassadors
- Grow our office support team – the hub of the business
- Alongside the Business Improvement Team, harness systems and tech to facilitate and speed up processes
- Manage procurement – from vans to van stocks & the logistics of matching parts/tech/customer
- Support the international growth of the business – the standards we develop here are, with local tailoring, what we look to apply in new territories.
- Appropriate candidates may well come from outside our industry – but field-service experience will be essential – this is an unusual calling.
- Engineering awareness – doesn’t have to be a fridge technician or an expert on combis-ovens. We have those.
- Top class man-management – including operations managers and senior technicians; you may see that we have Investors in People Platinum and a Princess Royal Training Award – the importance of recruitment, engagement and development cannot be over-stated.
- Graduate – or equivalent – education. Excellent presentation skills, high standard of English (written and spoken) numeracy and confident use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PPoint). Strong presenter.
- Demonstrable familiarity with Lean; a student of behaviour and organisational excellence – Shingo, TPS, BQF, EFQM, IiP – knowledge and familiarity very useful – ISO and CQI a bonus.
- Facility and confidence with reports, analysis – and the ability to focus on the essentials and those measures which will drive behaviours and deliver results
How will performance be judged?
- Customer retention and engagement: and this is delivered by the team, not by the OD…
- Business management: profitable, efficient, lean – SAFE
- Team engagement & development: trainees taken to senior engineers, team leaders growing, junior managers taken on business responsibility – succession planning
There are no silver bullets or magic wands in this business; we succeed by working hard at all aspects of the business- we just don’t like weak points. Thankfully the industry is complex enough that this is a real challenge – if it wasn’t, everybody would be doing it and how would you stand out. And we stand out: for what we believe in and for what we do rather than lots of talk. If you’ve an appetite for work, the wherewithal to process it, the ambition to create something exceptional alongside a team of like-minded people, we would very much like to meet you.
To apply, please send a CV and chatty cover letter to Chris Craggs (owner)
Strictly No Agencies
Apply for Director of Operations
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly