Senior Electrical Design Engineer, Dartford
Senior Electrical Design Engineer required for Consultancy specialising in Healthcare, Commercial, High-end residential projects.
A long-established Consultancy in Dartford are looking for an Senior Electrical Design Engineer to strengthen their MEP Design service offering.
You will be replacing a long serving member of staff and your role will involve design, site supervision, project management and monitoring project costs and fee spend, for a wide range of loyal clients. This is an outstanding opportunity, the role will provide the opportunity to become an integral part of the company's success. The firm has a loyal client base providing plenty of repeat business.
The company has a strong sustainability background with experienced staff in low carbon design and low and zero carbon technologies.
- Hospitals (public and private), NHS Trusts, PFI's
- Mixed use developments
- MoD (Testing facilities and R&D labs)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work shall generally be in conjunction with Electrical Associate assisting in the survey, design, specification and contract administration process.
- The aim is to increase the design, construction and practical knowledge of the individual to achieve Senior Engineer status. The work would be a mixture of survey, design work, CAD work, office based project administration and site attendances.
- Utilise Cymap Building Services software for calculations. Undertake basic calculations on cable sizing, lighting selections etc
- Undertake Electrical design work consisting of surveys, design, drawings and specifications for projects. Work in conjunction with other Client design team members as required as part of an overall project team. Ensure the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements
- Produce marked up drawings for CAD by others or direct CAD design drawings for issue.
- Select and specify products, equipment and installation standards relating to Electrical services suitable for the costing and installation by Contractors.
- Preparation of budget costs i.e. obtaining quotations from manufacturers for plant and equipment.
- Attend project design meetings, technical meetings, value engineering workshops, risk workshops etc as required by the project in conjunction with Senior Engineers.
- Attend site as part of the construction phase activities of projects and participate in site meetings. Assist in the preparation of snagging lists, valuations (if required) and end of defects inspections as required.
- Undertake surveys and reports for the company in conjunction with a Senior Engineer including Feasibility studies, and Condition Surveys and generate reports meeting the company report format.
You must be able to work in the UK without restriction. Hays Building Services is the only Recruitment Consultancy to be the Official Recruitment Partner for the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
Hays Building Services is a specialist in Building Services Recruitment and have a range of posts available. If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse the other vacancies on our website. We also welcome speculative applications.
For a private and confidential discussion please contact Jamie John on 020 8464 6678 or email your CV
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.