Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer - Design and Build Contractor
INTERMEDIATE MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER – DESIGN AND BUILD CONTRACTOR
My client was founded in 1890, and is one of the UK’s leading Building Services providers.
Based in Birmingham and London, the company specialises in the design and installation of heating, plumbing, ventilation, air conditioning and drainage solutions for the Hotel, Leisure, Residential, Student Accommodation and Commercial sectors nationally, while retaining the friendliness and mutual support and approach of a traditional family firm.
Unlike traditional consultancies, they are a Design and Build contractor providing a service from concept to final installation & maintenance, providing comprehensive tailor-made design and build packages, incorporating the most energy efficient systems for saving costs, through its in-house design department.
For the right person, this role offers an extremely exciting opportunity. If it appeals to you to get involved in all aspects of the construction process, at all stages, undertaking a broad and varied range of different tasks with no day the same then this is the job for you.
The Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer’s responsibilities include:
• carry out competent designs in accordance with standards and guidelines
• prepare drawings (either cad/hand drawn) to allow installation
• carry out calculations in CYMAP
• prepare full tenders for design and build projects and pre-designed
• present tender for adjudication by Directors providing all labour/material/prelim analysis
• complete Tender analysis forms as requested by Design Manager
• produce accurate and concise tender letters
• chase tendered work and report outcome to Managers
• identify training requirements to allow engineering role to continue accurately
• assist contracts team during project installations
• carry out tasks complying with Company Management Policy and Quality Systems
• attend design meetings maintaining communication levels with all design team
• identify design risks whilst carrying out design and inform the design team
In reality though, this role is not about a set list of duties but about doing whatever needs to be done to get the job done, wearing different hats every day, even every hour!
Does this sound like the role for your personality and skillset?
For more information on the Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer position please contact me on 0207 065 7276 or firstname.lastname@example.org