Public Health Engineer
We are looking for a Public Health Design Engineer / Water Services Engineer for a medium sized, building services consultancy based in Central London. Established over 30 years ago they now operate from a network of three UK offices and are able to plan, design and deliver a project of any size whether it be a 30-storey residential tower, a £20M new build laboratory or a £50M state of the Art Sport and Leisure facility.
Reporting to the PH Associate you will enjoy a diverse and challenging role which will include PH Design, completing site inspections and surveys and producing condition reports for all above ground PH services within a building.
You will be responsible for designing mains water supplies, hot & cold-water services, above ground sanitation, foul & surface water, fire protection services and designing grey and rain water harvesting systems.
In addition to design, you will also be required to attend and contribute to client and design team meetings and perform site inspections of PH services installations during construction phase of projects under your control.
As you progress, you will then be given the opportunity of assisting with the co-ordination of electrical, mechanical and public health services at the design and installation stages of projects and also develop your knowledge of infrastructure and sustainable design.
- Develop system options at design development stages.
- Undertake initial space planning exercise for plant rooms, primary services routes.
- Assist in preparing costings and monitor design development / cost implications.
- Undertake surveys of existing installations that establish location, condition and suitability for re-use.
- Calculated water services and drainage services for tanks, calorifiers, terminal fittings and pump sizes using computer software packages.
- Produce accurate drawings using AutoCAD and ideally Revit and ensure drawings are issued on time and in the correct format.
- Liaise with equipment manufacturers to obtain quotations.
- Liaise with contractors and sub-contractors to deal with minor site co-ordination queries.
- Complete snagging of installed systems with respect to quality and ensure they meet the initial intended design criteria.
The PH Design Engineer will have at least four years' experience in design, be able to use AutoCAD and Revit and have completed an HNC or HND, or have progressed into design from a hands on plumbing route.