MEP Resident Engineer
We are currently looking for a reliable Electrical bias, MEP Resident Engineer with a good understanding of MEP design to oversee a 3000-unit, residential project situated on a 80 acre development site in London.
The MEP Resident Engineer must have a good understanding of all services and trades and be able to establish rapport quickly and adopt a collaborative approach to problem solving working with the principal contractors, the developer and the project and construction managers.
The core purpose of this role is to ensure quality and consistency for all MEP services across all sites currently in construction on behalf of the developer. The role will be around 50% site inspections and 50% design and drawing review with attendance at meeting with project teams. You will also be expected to be able to assist with design of smaller projects that will run alongside the main role.
The key duties will include;
- Monitor and verification of the MEP installations.
- Verify the method statements for inspection and testing procedures for utilities (water, gas and incoming power), LV electrical, mechanical, public health and fire services.
- Testing and witnessing of all MEP Services installations.
- Identifying any potential coordination issues and proposing solutions to ensure the programme doesn't drift.
- Leading progress meetings with client and delivery contractors, keeping the developer informed of progress.
- Checking technical compliance of contractor's installations and respond to and resolve any MEP design related issues.
- Identify snagging and then approve the de-snagging issues prior to handover.
As the clients (Ie the Developer) eyes and ears on the ground you will use your proven site and design experience and good communication and influencing skills to ensure all MEP services are installed correctly and in accordance with the projects programme. You will be responsible for ensuring the project is completed on time and that the quality of the MEP installations meets the client's expectations and the original design intent.
In order to be considered; previous large scale residential project experience is essential, as is the ability to quickly identify and resolve any design, coordination or quality issues on site.
Please note; the client is also willing to employ the MEP Resident Engineer on a full-time basis and has indicated a basic salary in the region of £60 - £70K for a one year fixed term contract.