M&E Contracts Manager
M&E Contracts Manager Opportunity
Your new company
Our Edinburgh based client is seeking a M&E Contracts Manager to oversee projects from the start through to completion, ensuring that work is completed on time and within its budget. The position is due to a prolonged period of growth and confidence in the future projects.
Your new role
The M&E Contracts Manager is the first point of contact for clients, sub-contractors and engineers/apprentices. In addition to Mechanical and Electrical contracts experience, candidates should have a firm knowledge of Health and Safety to ensure the safety of all site staff. You will assist the Buying Department with negotiating sub-contract orders and monitoring sub-contractors, planning critical dates, or organising labour. You would also be responsible for agreeing extra work to be done on a contract, helping to resolve any disputes which come up, and identifying areas for improvement in the contracting processes. The Contracts Manager must be able to maintain and build on client relations to ensure future work and manage the client's expectations throughout the contract.
In addition you will be responsible for -
- Plan the delivery of the project/contract, knowledge of Microsoft Project is essential. Production of a Project Plan / Program of Works.
- Ensure all the correct paperwork is available for the contract, especially the Health and Safety Documentation; Risk & Method Statements, Construction Phase Plan.
- Manage the day-to-day working of site staff, including providing technical advice and ensuring the correct materials are ordered prior to works commencing.
- Report progress on projects by suitable format to senior management, maintain and update project reporting and financial reporting to a high standard.
- Plan and arrange visits to existing and new potential clients, ensuring every client receives sufficient support to enhance their relationships.
- Knowledge of financial constrains in running a contract. Ensuring all applications for payment / invoices are issued to maintain required cash flow.
- Understanding of cost management.
What you'll need to succeed
Candidates will have a background working for Mechanical and Electrical Contractors, ideally managing numerous contracts at one time, managing site staff and sub-contractors.
What you'll get in return
This role offers the opportunity to work with a progressive company that is enjoying sustained growth. The position also offers a generous salary, car allowance and benefits package. To find out more about the position please call Alasdair Reid on 0141 212 3661
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Alasdair Reid on 0141 212 3661.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.