Principal Building Maintenance Officer – Mechanical Services
The post holder will be responsible for and manage compliance issues relating to:
- Mechanical Services, design and installations associated with the Councils buildings and assets.
- Consultations and future planning for mechanical capital works
- Input into carbon reduction programme and invest to save and energy efficiency guidance.
The post holders’ duties can be divided into five main areas:
40% of the post holder’s duties to include:
Manage, procure and provide compliance information relating to all mechanical equipment associated with Council Managed properties. These relate to both statutory and non-statutory functions in accordance with legal requirements and Council policy and procedures and include:
- Legionella monitoring and remedial works
- Asbestos regulation compliance (Shared with PBMO-E)
- Gas servicing (LPG and mains)
- Oil appliance servicing
- Biomass boiler servicing – gas / oil / contract
- Air conditioning systems, chillers etc
- Insurance inspections (LOLER)(Shared with PBMO-E)
- Boiler inspections for insurance purposes
- Fire systems – suppression systems / sprinkler systems (Electrical Interface- PBMO-E)
- Solar panels
- Rainwater harvesting – UV checks / servicing
- Portable FF equipment testing
- Controls – Relating to boilers and BMS systems.
- Emergency boiler – servicing / connection.
- Lift Installations (Shared with PBMO-E)
- Air handling equipment and fan convectors.
- Chemical dosing
- Cosh fume extraction systems
10% of the post holder’s duties
Acting on reports received following the above servicing and inspections procure and supervise remedial works to ensure compliance.
Providing technical assistance as necessary to the Building maintenance team as necessary during the course of their duties.
20% of the post holder’s duties:
Provide a design service for small contracts dealt with in-house by the Building Maintenance Section relating to mechanical installations as outlined above.
10% of the post holder’s duties:
Manage and provide guidance with regard to the Councils Asbestos removal and Legionella improvement capital budget to ensure that funds are prioritised and spent on time.
20%of post holder’s duties:
Assist with building surveying roles involving Council managed properties as and when required by the Buildings Maintenance Manager.
A requirement of the post holder will be to work on own initiative, and as part of a team as situations arise.
Closing date: 19.3.2018