Senior MEP Engineer
Bjarke Ingels Group is looking for a Senior MEP Engineer to join our BIG Engineering team
BIG (Bjarke Ingels Group) is an international architectural company characterized by an entrepreneurial spirit, true teamwork across expertise areas, and new ways of approaching conventional tasks. We have an informal work environment where camaraderie and collegial support are highly valued, and where ambition, strong work morale and dedication to being innovators in our field, unify our staff. Our office culture is characterized by creativity, high energy and a strong team spirit. We are dedicated to creating and maintaining a cool workplace, where we continuously strive at pushing ourselves and becoming better at what we do.
The BIG Copenhagen office is a cornerstone in the global BIG organization, which today employs nearly 450 people across three offices in New York, London, and Copenhagen. As a Senior MEP Engineer, you will be a part of the BIG Engineering team which is a specialized unit dedicated to ensuring the structural and mechanical integrity and resilience of BIG buildings globally.
About the job
The Senior MEP Engineer is responsible for the development of the MEP team in close collaboration with the MEP Team Leader and Director of BIG Engineering and for the overall management of the MEP design and delivery for BIG’s projects. The main responsibilities fall into the following main areas:
- Develop and sustain an atmosphere of creativity and innovation
- Ensure a robust and competent MEP design and delivery service
- Work in close collaboration with the architecture teams and other engineering disciplines and reinforce our holistic approach
- Manage MEP team resources and plan internal and external budgets
- Assist with acquisition activities including fees, contracts and scope relating to MEP engineering services
- Assist with recruitment activities relating to the MEP team
- Minimum Master degree level (or equivalent) education in building services/mechanical engineering
- Professional qualification preferred (i.e. IMechE, CIBSE, ASHRAE etc.)
- At least 10 years’ professional experience of MEP design and delivery from conception to completion
- Experience of leading multi-disciplinary project teams
- Experience of handling complexity and managing innovation
- Experience of international projects
- Danish language preferred
- You have interest in the role that engineers have to play in the co-creation of great buildings
- Creative and holistic mindset
- Willing to challenge traditional approaches and encourage innovation
- Good communicator
We wish to fill this position as soon as possible so do not delay your application - submit via www.big.dk/#jobs. Please feel free to contact our Head of Engineering Duncan Horswill via firstname.lastname@example.org should you want to know more information about the position.