Contracts Manager (Total FM)
Senior level position within a national FM provider managing large public sector contracts in NI and RoI.
Your new company
This organisation are one of the UK and Irelands leading Total Facilities Management providers, who are seen by many as an industry brand and employer of choice. They have a diverse client base of both public and private sector organisations including education, government, social housing and health care as well as private clients including retail, leisure and commercial.
Having organically grown to be one of the largest FM providers in the UK and Ireland over recent years, they are also seen to be setting new standards in the FM industry.
As an employer they have won numerous awards for their investment in people and are firmly focused on personal and professional development, employee engagement, staff retention and the health and wellbeing of their staff.
They offer highly competitive salary and extended benefit packages which are unrivalled by most local companies.
Your new role
The Contracts Manager shall:
- Build and maintain strong/successful relationships with Clients, internal departments and external suppliers.
- Manage multi discipline contracts across PPP/PFI and Public/ Private Sectors.
- Manage a team of Facilities Managers, Caretaking Staff, Cleaning Operatives and Engineering Staff to ensure the contracts are successfully delivered to meet both Client and the employers SLA/KPI targets.
- Review PPM programmes monthly and monitor performance of both self-delivered and sub-contractor elements. Provide guidance and recommendations on a targeted maintenance strategy for key assets.
- Manage the procurement and performance of sub-contractors, suppliers and internal departments.
- Prepare monthly reports on performance and deliver to both Clients and Senior Contracts Manager.
- Take the operational lead to ensure the highest standards of Health and Safety are achieved meeting targets.
- Monitor, measure and report on training, performance and development of direct reports as part of our Performance Management Policy.
- Ensure that sustainability and corporate social responsibility policies are implemented and internal targets are achieved.
- Have responsibility for contract financial performance including P&L, Budgeting and monthly WIP submissions.
- Compile Quotations for additional works and forecast annual budgets.
- Manage reactive and remedial budgets to ensure that P&L performance levels are maintained.
- Attending and delivering contract review meetings with Client and internal senior management teams.
- Ensure that contract documents and correspondence are properly structured and executed at all stages.
- Support the Senior Contracts Manager and Commercial Manager in all aspects of Life Cycle /Project Works including both pricing & project delivery.
- Support the BID team in preparing and pricing tenders.
What you'll need to succeed
Essential Criteria Previous background working within Total FM type contracts and/or Building Services. Demonstrate previous experience in a similar role in operations with a track record of delivering comprehensive building maintenance services and minor project works.
Demonstrate strong understanding of Statutory and Non Statutory maintenance across all building services.
Demonstrate a sound commercial knowledge with a key focus on contract performance.
Demonstrate strong communication skills with an ability to build successful relationships.
Track record of working to budgetary targets.
Sound knowledge of supply chain management.
Proven Leadership and people management skills.
Excellent people management skills with experience in monitoring performance to drive productivity
Experience of working within the Education Sector.
Previous experience gained managing PFI/PPP contracts, especially Total FM.
Understanding and working knowledge of payment mechanism in terms of performance deductions and unavailability.
IOSH Qualification Experience of Services Type Contracts, particularity in relation to fully comprehensive type contracts
What you'll get in return
Basic salary £45,000 - £50,000 pa, plus car or car allowance.
Up to 34 days paid annual leave
Excellent Company Pension
Free Life Assurance - 6 times salary
Training and Development Opportunities
Discounted Private Health Care Scheme
Discounted Gym Membership
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Contracts Manager (Total FM)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly