Senior Mechanical Engineer
Principal/Senior Mechanical Engineer
Our client is recruiting for Senior/Principal Mechanical Engineer with experience in Water/Wastewater Engineering to work in their dedicated Design and Build teams currently delivering an expanding workload for key clients such as Scottish Water and Local Authorities. This vacancy offers the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects including new wastewater Pumping stations and transfer mains, modifications to existing WWTW's, water mains designs and pipelines, rail and river crossings, new Raw Water intakes as well as Capital Maintenance projects. This role provides the opportunity to work in multidisciplinary teams covering a range of activities from project feasibility through to detailed design and construction support. You will be required to lead or fulfil a managing role within a design team to ensure compliance with all relevant technical standards, delivery of all the specified project outcomes on time, within budget and to the quality required and guidance is provided for less experienced staff and professional development and training is actively pursued.
Duties will include -
- Develop designs in accordance with the Client's requirements and relevant design standards to achieve cost effective solutions
- Undertake the role of the Lead Design Engineer
- Assist in the development and supervision of project team members
- Represent the business stream in multi-disciplinary project teams
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the budget for projects including the planning, monitoring and reporting of project resources and finances
- Prepare and check of feasibility studies, appraisal / assessment reports and other written documents
- Produce and check design concepts, design details, drawings specifications and other technical documents
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the Client and other relevant stakeholders
- Complete performance appraisals with direct reports and provide learning and development opportunities where possible
- Keep up to date with industry best practice and where appropriate apply best practice within the team environment
Ideally Candidates will have -
- Recognised academic qualifications, Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent.
- Computer literate and conversant with MS Office suite and relevant engineering software packages
- Demonstrable experience in Water / Wastewater Engineering
- Good experience of the co-ordination of the design process and team management
- Proven ability to work within a team environment with a dedicated approach to meet project deadlines
- Good communication skills dealing with clients, project partners, supply chain, elected representatives and the public
- Client focused approach to service delivery
- Knowledge of and experience in the role of designer under the CDM Regulations, including designer risk assessments.
- IOSH working safely
This permanent position offers a competitive salary and benefits package. To hear more about this and the role please call me on the number below
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Alasdair Reid on 0141 212 3661.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.