Intermediate Mechanical Design | 30K | Birmingham
Your new company
This is a privately owned multi-disciplinary consulting engineering practice,
providing mechanical & electrical services to a wide range of Clients and market sectors.
They provide tailored engineering solutions that deliver cost effective and compliant schemes
with a high proportion of sustainability and innovation.
Your new role
They are looking for an enthusiastic and driven individual who is comfortable with carrying
out detailed design work with limited input from a Senior/Associate Engineer. Capable of
carrying out site surveys, attending client and site meetings, preparing design drawings and
writing reports and specifications. The candidate should be able to demonstrate knowledge
of current British Standards Building Regulations, IEE wiring regulations etc. You should
also have had experience of being responsible for your own projects although it is
appreciated that at this level these maybe projects of a relatively small nature.
What you'll need to succeed
You should be a well-organised, proactive, flexible, forward planner with the ability
to deliver work to a high standard and to tight timescales.
· BREEAM & Passivhaus understanding and implementation
· Thermal modelling expertise
· Undertaking feasibility assessments and production of RIBA stage C&D reports
· Professional membership (CIBSE, IET, IMechE)
With Knowledge of:
· IT design (IES/TAS/Hevacomp/Revit)
· British & European Standards, Building Regulations etc.
· Knowledge of HTM's would be beneficial but not essential.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will need to have the following experience:-
· HNC minimum qualification
· A minimum of 1 years' experience and qualifications.
What you'll get in return
This comes with a very competitive salary as well as a long list of other great benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.