Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
This is an opportunity for a highly-motivated & innovative Intermediate Mechanical Engineer for a leading design & build contractor, to be based in their Basingstoke office. This firm specialises in highly technical healthcare, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, science & research, manufacturing, and data centres projects.
This opportunity would suit an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer looking to be involved in the project process all the way from the initial enquiry stage to the final commissioning stage, working on highly technical & challenging projects.
The ideal candidate would have the ambition to progress to a Senior Mechanical Engineer or Project Manager in this specialist sector & progress to Chartered status. In this role you will be supported, guided & mentored by a Lead Engineer, and the opportunity to lead project design and construction teams rather than be led by others in a very dynamic performance culture.
- Excellent communication & technical abilities.
- Experience in multiple construction design stages.
- Previous experience working in a building services consultancy or contractor.
- Laboratory/cleanroom design experience (would be an advantage but not mandatory).
- Proven experience being able to conduct a range of mechanical design including: pipework/ductwork sizing & complex HVAC designs.
- Over three years of building services design experience.
- Be efficient in AutoCAD, Revit/BIM, Cymap and other relevant design software.
- Already working at an Intermediate Mechanical Engineering level (or close to).
- The drive to progress in their career to a senior level.
- Hard working & self-sufficient.