CAD / BIM Technician
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace.
Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.
Mott MacDonald's Altrincham Office is situated just to the south of Central Manchester with good tram, rail and road links making commuting from anywhere within the North West relatively straight forward. The office is within a short walk of the recently refurbished local Stamford Quarter shopping centre and Altrincham's local market.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Primarily working on Bentley AECOsim/Microstation to undertake drawing/modelling and concrete reinforcement detailing / scheduling for rail civil structures. You will also be expected to work within other engineering disciplines if necessary.
Work in other offices may be required, but this will generally be on a short-term basis. Supporting other offices through remote working based in Altrincham may also be required.
Some key elements of this role include:
* Working in a small CAD / BIM team reporting to the CAD Manager;
* Producing high quality and complex 3D models and drawings using Bentley AECOsim and Microstation;
* Organising and advising on programming of work;
* Working closely with Design Team members, senior and junior Mott MacDonald staff;
* Adding value to all projects for the benefit of Mott MacDonald.
* Working within a Common Data Environment (ProjectWise).
To be the successful candidate you will need:
* Experience of the civil and structural engineering sectors.
* Proficiency in Bentley AECOsim/Microstation.
* A good level of IT literacy.
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
* An HNC or equivalent qualification in Building, Construction or a similar discipline.
* Some knowledge of 3D modelling (including Revit/Civils 3D) would be an advantage.
* Experience in reinforced concrete detailing.
* Knowledge of BIM/CAD packages including but not limited to AutoCAD, Revit, Civil 3D and Navisworks.
* Knowledge of Rail industry standards and specifications.
* Experience of Bentley ProjectWise.