CAD & BIM MANAGER
With more than 9,000 people around the globe GHD is a leading engineering, architecture and environmental consulting firm, servicing clients across five continents.
GHD’s core service sectors include water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings and transportation and our people share a passion for successful project delivery, innovative consultancy and exceptional results.
As our group continues to grow in the UK we are looking for talented individuals to join our expanding team, to deliver engineering, design and consultancy solutions to our clients across all sectors.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The position will report to the Operations Director and will be based in the Manchester Office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining the CAD environment for the Manchester office and taking an active role in implementing BIM on projects, reviewing design processes and data production.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Technical specialist for the organisation in the application of advanced concepts, principles and methods in both CAD & BIM applications
- Supporting technical user queries, conducting training and communicating changes and developments to users through workshops and one-to-one sessions
- Participate in professional development reviews with CAD staff; assist in setting objectives and provide support in pursuit of objectives
- Contribute to line management of CAD staff
- Working with Project Managers to ensure drawings are being delivered on time and within budget
- Ensuring compliance with GHD and clients standards and systems carrying out regular audits/review on quality of drawings/CAD output and adherence to standards
- Overseeing the management of software licenses and ensuring current version of software is maintained to GHD standards (may delegate to others)
- Contribute to identifying and implementing new/emerging technologies
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 10+ years experience
- Technical Expertise
- Excellent knowledge of GHD and client drafting standards.
- Excellent CAD & BIM skills are essential in AutoCAD, Revit and Civil 3D.
- Skills covering a wide variety of other BIM authoring technologies and cloud based applications is also desired.
PERSONAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written.
- Team player, cooperative with other staff with open sharing of information and knowledge.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to meet and agree deadlines.
GHD offers a competitive salary and benefits package, together with a global network of professional expertise.
We enjoy working in a professional and supportive environment of safety, teamwork, respect and integrity, where everyone has the opportunity to develop their career and make a valued contribution.
Furthermore GHD can provide a flexible career path tailored to suit your specific skills and talent, and to meet your individual needs as a developing engineer.