Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
1 day left
- Full Time
My client is is an award winning, UK top 20 multi-discipline property and construction consultancy. well established and prestigious with an extensive technical skill set and depth of expert knowledge and experience that you would expect from a leading professional services company.
They are currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join talented Building Services Engineering Team based in Oxford. With their client list handling a variety of different sectors.
As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer you duties will include:
- detailing mechanical building services design calculations using a variety of techniques, including manual hand calculations, Excel spreadsheets and use of
software such as IES and Hevacomp.
- delivering detailed mechanical building services design as part of the design team.
- Corresponding with professionals, including structural engineers, architects, surveyors, and contractors of in-house and external project teams
- Surveying mechanical building services to advise on their suitability for continued use
- Deliverance of engineering solutions to client budgets and programmes
- Advising clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimise the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint
- Designing site-specific equipment as required
- Overseeing and supervising the installation of building systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures
- Using CAD and BIM Revit software to design the systems required
The ideal candidate will have:
- an accredited Building Services / Mechanical Engineering degree or higher educational qualification
- intermediate experience (3-4 years)within a building services design role running projects from conception through to completion
- chartered or working towards chartered engineer status with a suitable institution.
- Experience using AutoCAD and Revit
- Experience using design software such as IES and Hevacomp
- A full UK driving license
- 25 days holiday
* Company car or car allowance available if chartered
* Private Healthcare
* Life Assurance
* Pension: Standard 5% Contribution
* Highly competitive salary
Apply for Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly