Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer
- Full Time
Junior to Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer - London - £35K to £45K + Package (Pension & Bonus)
We are representing an award winning, market leading Building Consultancy with an expanding Engineering Design Division. They have identified a need to provide additional Intermediate Mechanical engineering support to work on existing Commercial Buildings and New Build Fit-Out.
The engineer will principally be involved in design and project work and will need to work within the team to deliver designs, undertake feasibility studies, and produce design tender documentation and construction phase project management.
Salary plus pension contributions, private medical insurance, car or car allowance, life insurance, accident insurance, professional membership fees, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, personal training budget.
It is expected that the engineer will:
- Have a minimum of 3 years design experience following graduation.
- Have experience in a wide range of commercial buildings such as offices, industrial, healthcare, leisure and retail.
- Have good technical knowledge and experience in design fundamentals.
- Have a good technical understanding of building services systems/technologies and their applications.
- Have knowledge of all air conditioning systems.
- Have some knowledge of sustainable design, technologies and rating systems rating systems such as BREEAM.
- Be able to undertake Mechanical design calculations.
- Have experience in generating design drawings and writing design specifications.
- Experience with the use of design software such as Hevacomp, IES and ideally AutoCAD.
The engineer will be working day to day alongside a significantly experienced projects team and ultimately reporting the Partner of the M&E team.
- Calculation of heat losses and gains
- Ventilation calculations
- Duct/pipe sizing
- Plant sizing and preparation of schedules
- Drafting drawings for tender and coordination with architectural/structural/electrical engineers
- Write up mechanical specification
This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful expanding team and to develop within the team with the full backing of a well-established company.
The company is committed to staff continued professional development and supporting engineers training for application to their Chartered Institution.
The opportunities for exposure to other aspects of M&E consultancy that we also specialise in including surveys, troubleshooting and operational engineering works.
In all, a great opportunity to join a driven team that will ensure you are developed throught the next stages of your professional career.