Mechanical Design Engineer
My client provides a robust and innovative M&E design solutions, offering a flexible approach to all commissions, whilst ensuring compliance with current and changing legislation, they are currently looking for a Mechanical Design engineer to join their team.
They will be looking for someone that can provide a comprehensive professional technical service encompassing feasibility studies, designing, specification, project management commissioning and final account to meet all requirements of a client and the aspirations of the practice.
- Developing project design proposals to clientele following the external brief and internal discussions so that client requirements are met
- Prepare, ready for tender, specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules and contract documentation.
- Issue in conjunction with the client, contract documentation to tender, adjudicate and recommend appropriate contractor to meet project requirements.
- Establish and agree clear responsibility as lead internal consultant for the project. Propose labour resource requirements, monitor time and disbursements spends and take remedial action as appropriate on allocating the charges to the individual job to ensure that financial objectives are met.
- When acting as lead Consultant undertake all aspects of project management as defined by the client in his letter of appointment.
- Manage, guide and develop technical subordinates in order that they may fully participate in their various teams.
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualifications, IEng with relevant experience , or
- HNC or equivalent with extensive relevant experience
- Design software, hands on experience with, Specification Expert, TAS, Cymap, BIM, Revit and Auto Cad
- Wide breadth of experience and knowledge in Consultancy field, with detailed design skills in particular specialism.
- Appreciation of forms of agreement and contract documentation.
- A knowledge of job costing techniques.
- A knowledge of ISO 9001 & and ISO 14001