Senior Electrical design Engineer
My client provides a robust and innovative M&E design solutions, offering a flexible approach to all commissions, whilst ensuring compliance with current and changing legislation, they are currently looking for a Senior Electrical Design engineer to join their team. This would be a home-based role for the candidate though the candidate should be willing to travel Nation Wide dependant if needed, the chosen candidate will be working predominantly around the Midlands and south region.
You will be expected to provide independently or under direction as appropriate a professional technical service encompassing compliance related surveys, feasibility studies, designing, specification, project management & commissioning, and final account to meet all requirements of a client's brief to time, cost and quality standards.
- Undertake site surveys utilising mobile technology to meet the requirements of the brief.
- Develop and present project design proposals to a client following the external brief and internal discussions so that client requirements are met, acting as either lead internal consultant or as member of a team.
- Prepare, ready for tender, specifications, designs, drawings,
- equipment schedules and contract documentation.
- Issue in conjunction with the client, contract documentation to tender, adjudicate and recommend appropriate contractor to meet project requirements.
- Establish and agree clear responsibility as lead internal consultant for the project.
- When acting as lead Consultant undertake all aspects of project management as defined by the client in his letter of appointment.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of new techniques and technologies by participating in conferences, attending Continual Professional Development sessions, reading technical in media etc.
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualifications, IEng with relevant experience , or
- HNC or equivalent with extensive relevant experience
- The job holder will provide technical support and services as directed.
- The job holder will undertake the role as lead consultant on some projects.
- The job holder will provide national coverage to support the requirements of The Practice and a client.
- Ability to use CAD and other computer aids
- A knowledge of ISO 9001 & and ISO 14001