Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
3 days left
- Full Time
NG Bailey is the UK’s leading independent engineering, rail, IT and facilities services business with a deserved reputation for excellence. Our mission is 'to responsibly design, build, operate and maintain building, infrastructure and IT services' and our core values of passion, integrity and excellence drive everything we do.
Due to an expanding portfolio of projects we have an opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer with extensive mechanical design experience within building services to provide high quality designs for an impressive variety of projects across Commercial, Healthcare, Leisure and Education sectors across the North of England.
- As a key member of the mechanical team you will design and plan all aspects of mechanical building services in accordance with NG Bailey guidelines and standards
- With a focus on design optimisation, you will identify opportunities and mitigate risks in designs
- As a senior member of the team you will encourage, lead and develop more junior members of the design team through coaching
- You will work closely with Project Teams, undertaking design reviews and appraisals and providing mechanical technical expertise and guidance
- Keep up to date with current and proposed legislation around relevant building services regulations and share knowledge with the business
- Participate in design reviews and appraisals and conduct design validation visits to installation sites to ensure that installation satisfies design intent
- Contribute to design/technical tenders, paying particular attention to the technical risk assessment of both traditional and design & build projects, highlighting opportunity delivering high quality design solutions that address our contractual obligations and mitigating technical risk
- Be conversant with the various building services design software packages used throughout the company, and when necessary, use them to good effect to carry out design related activities
To be considered for this role you will have previous mechanical design experience in a building services MEP background. You will have experience of designing projects from conception through to completion including calculations, drawings, and specifications and preferably have an accredited Building Services related degree, or at least an HNC/HND.
Candidates will also have demonstrable leadership skills working with younger members of staff and it would be advantageous to be a member of CIBSE
Rewards, Training & Benefits
You can look forward to a competitive salary, company car and a range of flexible benefits including generous holiday entitlement, market leading pension scheme and private healthcare.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an engaging team involved in a diverse range of prestigious projects which offers real opportunity to progress for the right candidate.