BMS Controls Design Engineer
BMS Controls Design Engineer
One of the world’s leading engineering firms is looking for an experienced and ambitious Building Management Systems Design Engineer to join a thriving Building Services team in the Hampshire or London office.
You will be joining an established Building Services Engineering team, providing expert advice on design, equipment selection and implementation of Building Management Systems. You will be integral to developing technical standards and specifications for building controls and energy management solutions.
- Work closely with the wider engineering team to share technical specifications and solutions in order to improve the BMS service offering.
- Carry out consultation with clients to understand requirements and site-based issues through client communications and both remote and physical investigation.
- Design and engineer building control systems that manage mechanical building services, maximise life cycle and system performance.
- Finalise equipment selection and system functionality whilst working to specific client requirements and budgets.
- Design and implement building control strategy to optimise building performance and reduce energy consumption for our clients.
- Prepare schematic system connection drawings and provide detailed specifications that include equipment selection, equipment location, points list and detailed descriptions of design and operation.
- Complete controls efficiency surveys, monitor system data and prepare detailed client reports of system performance.
Qualifications & Experience
- Possess in-depth knowledge of principles and operation of HVAC systems. This must include solid fundamentals and understanding of main plant, split systems, terminal units and control theory applications that match.
- Site experience and familiarity with the installation and testing requirements of BMS control systems and associated control devices including communication networks, communication protocols, field wiring and field devices.
- A strong background in the operation, functionality and interrogation of BMS supervisor servers and workstations, including graphics page management, dynamic graphics, alarm management and recorded data analysis.
- Proven experience managing small to large projects from conception through to client handover, which meet necessary deadlines and budgets.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following.
- Passionate about building management automation and motivated to innovate infrastructure, automation systems and energy saving strategies.
- Able to manage own workload, schedule and time keeping.
- Highly articulate with excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with a variety of people at both a business and technical level.
- Experienced in building strong client relationships and confident working autonomously in a client facing role.
- Excels in a fast-paced environment and capable of achieving results against time-based deadlines.
- Highly motivated self-starter who can work autonomously, problem solve under pressure and proactively demonstrate initiative.
- A quick learner who has a flexible approach to work and can adapt quickly to complex and changing environments.
- Excellent analytical skills and high attention to detail.
- Highly reliable and operates with professionalism and integrity.
On offer in return is a competitive salary and additional training and development.
Apply for BMS Controls Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly