M&E Design Coordinator
A large privately owned and well-established property development company are urgently seeking an M&E Design Coordinator (electrical bias) due to a rapidly growing project portfolio.
They oversee a vast variety of project sectors including residential, hotels, and commercial projects across the South of England. With over £1 billion of projects delivered in the past decade this role would suit an enthusiastic and established Electrical Design Engineer or M&E Design Coordinator looking to progress their career client-side with a company who although are large development firm, still have a family feel and invest in their employees.
Role & responsibilities:
- Liaise with multiple managers regarding projects and portfolios from all disciplines involved in the project including: M&E Project Managers, head of departments, Consultants, Contractors, Sub-Contractors, M&E Design Coordinators, and M&E Construction Coordinators.
- Work actively with the Document Controllers, checking M&E drawings, designs, and specifications.
- Monitoring the Client brief and reviewing Sub-Contractor tender packs.
- Track issue of M&E O&M's and handover documents, ensure record documents are received and filed for the administration staff to issue at handover of the buildings.
- Ensure M&E quality standards are constantly met.
- Ensure that all disciplines involved in each project are issued and updated with all relevant packages and information.
- Attend and arrange M&E Design Team meetings to track progress of multiple projects across London.
- Manage the design issues on projects to completion and any issues after handover.
- Managing and coordinating external consultants regarding their daily design & technical duties.
To be successful when applying for the M&E Design Coordinator role you will possess the following skills and/or experience:
- Over 5 years of experience in an MEP consultancy or contractor.
- Electrical engineering experience within building services.
- BEng/BSc qualified in Electrical/Building Services Engineering.
- Have knowledge and an understanding of BREEAM and Revit MEP.
- Experience in working across all RIBA stages.
- Experience working on multiple M&E projects across a variety of projects.
- Expert knowledge of electrical services as well as a good understanding of other disciplines (mechanical, HVAC, public health, etc.).
- Confident dealing with multiple managers from different disciplines on-site and in the office.