Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Black & White Engineering are an established fast growing international building services consultancy operating globally. Black & White have specialist and extensive sector representation in Retail, High Rise, Leisure and Hotels, Large Mixed Use, Data Centres and Commercial buildings.
Due to an expanding portfolio of projects we have an opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer with extensive mechanical design experience within building services to provide high quality designs for an impressive variety of projects across Commercial, Industrial, Mission Critical, Data Centres and large scale refurbishment projects in our London office.
- As a key member of a multi-service team you will design and plan all aspects of mechanical building services in accordance with the company’s ISO standards working with limited supervision from an Associate or Technical Director.
- Will work collaboratively with the team to provide the most optimum design, mindful of regulations, sustainability targets and program.
- Be self-motivated in the completion of work tasks.
- As a senior member of the team you will encourage, lead and develop more junior members of the design team through mentoring and coaching.
- Keep up to date with current and proposed legislation around relevant building services regulations and share knowledge with the business.
- Participate in design reviews and visit site and monitor quality and progress against the design intent
- Liaise with other project professions, attend meetings, contribute to RIBA Stage 2, 3 and 4 client presentations.
- Be conversant with the various building services design software packages used throughout the company, and when necessary, use them to good effect to carry out design related activities
The Requirements The candidate will be required to demonstrate their previous mechanical design experience in a building services MEP background including the management of the delivery of final specifications, drawings and completed engineering design packages. You will have experience of designing projects from conception through to completion, have mentored junior and graduate staff and preferably have an accredited Building Services related degree, or at least an HNC/HND.
Candidates will also have demonstrable leadership skills working with younger members of staff and it would be advantageous to be a chartered engineer and member of CIBSE or be working towards membership.
The candidate should be progressive, team member, motivated and with a focus on quality delivery.
Rewards, Training & Benefits Competitive salary, and a range of flexible benefits including pension scheme and private healthcare.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company with a real opportunity to develop personally and progress through the organization. Future opportunities are also available to work in one of our global offices and to grow with the organisation.