Principal Electrical Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a Principal Electrical Design Engineer required for an award-winning Building Services and Sustainability consultancy based in Zone 1, London. Operating from a network of three offices they have won multiple awards from CIBSE and RIBA for their innovative approach to Sustainable building services design.
With a history of promoting from within and fast-tracking individuals careers, there is ample scope to progress through to a Technical Director and benefit from equity options. Working in a close-knit and committed team staff, you will help manage a team of five Electrical Engineers and enjoy working on a variety of Education, Healthcare, Regeneration, Hotel and Cultural or Listed Buildings across the UK and abroad. Typical projects range from £5 to £50 million and they normally are engaged by their clients from feasibility right through detailed design, construction and post occupancy evaluations.
In addition to your design duties you will also assist with;
- Managing existing client relationships and delivering profitable and sustainable growth.
- Managing teams and projects to ensure excellent technical and project delivery.
- Assisting with fee bids and resource planning.
- Identifying opportunities to improve the existing company systems and practices.
- Developing new contacts with external architects, structural engineers and cost and project management consultants.
- Planning, budgeting and financial control of projects.
Ideally you will be Degree qualified, have at least six years' experience in a consulting role and a track record of planning, designing and delivering a broad spectrum of projects. Given the nature of the projects, good awareness of both CIBSE and ASHARE standards, an appreciation of BIM and general awareness of Sustainable design and master-planning would be advantageous.