Building Services Engineer
Are you looking for an exciting new senior electrical engineering position, working on a high profile prestigious site for a leading facilities management company?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen working for Mitie, the UK’s largest hard services facilities management provider. We are actively seeking a Lead Engineer to lead and deliver a world class engineering service and QHSE management whilst also supporting other service lines on a fully integrated contract. You must also develop the engineering excellence on the site using best practice and professional engineering standards. This lead engineer role will be based in London with our prestigious, high profile Media Client.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record working in an electrical bias engineering role with excellent client engagement skills as well as a proven track record managing a team.
- Responsible and accountable for the Hard Service Reactive/PM performance achieving a high standard
- Ensuring company safety procedures and implemented and followed at all times
- Ensure relevant training of all staff is kept up to date
- Support the Account Manager and other service line leaders in everyday tasks
- Provide technical support for the engineering team and drive a World Class proactive and efficient working culture
- Ensure all relevant SLA/KPIs are met
- Carry out site inspections, audits and TBT and ARMs periodically
- Manage on site engineers and sub-contractors
- Lead daily huddles on performance
- Lead the use of PDA and Direct Audits
- Willingness to get involved with day to day works, encouraging an honest and hardworking ethic and improving teamwork across the different teams
Experience and qualifications required:
- Previous experience in a similar role and hold a relevant Electrical trade qualifications: City & Guilds/NVQ Level 3
- Proven supervisory experience but happy to be hands on also if needed
- Strong Health and Safety knowledge
- Good client and stakeholder management skills
- IT literate
There's a lot to know about Mitie so let's start with the facts. We provide facilities, property and energy management for a wide range of public and private sector businesses.
We work with a vast number of clients in every industry, delivering the broadest range of services that can be found in one place: from integrated facilities management, to property services, to energy management and much more.
What makes us different?
We specialise in strategic outsourcing and energy services, bringing together the expertise and capabilities of Mitie to help our clients achieve their organisational goals. In simple terms, we find out what our clients want and use our people and technology to help them get it as efficiently as possible.
Our values and behaviours
An individual's belief in our values and behaviours is as important as their technical and/or professional know how which is why our Job Descriptions are written with these in mind.
Working with our clients
Our specialist skills and knowledge is driven by market expertise. We understand that all of our markets have a unique set of requirements and that these are always changing as clients respond to what is going on around them. Our teams make it their job to know what is happening and make sure that the advice and services we provide are the best they can possibly be.