WSP have an opportunity for an experienced Electrical Engineer, in our London and Basingstoke offices. You will have the opportunity to work on some of the most exciting and prestigious projects in the world. WSP are currently involved in numerous projects which will reshape the landscape and skyline of London. Although a multi-disciplinary consultancy the WSP MEP team are a tight knit group, working closely to deliver some of the largest and most complex buildings in the UK and Europe.
- A qualified engineer with a least 2 years post graduate experience or alternative vocational and academic experience.
- Able to work using their own initiative with minimal supervision on all technical aspects of their discipline or have specific specialist experience applicable to the role.
- Able to work under the clear direction of others and interpret the needs of a project where applicable to the discipline.
- Work within a mechanical, electrical and public health (MEP) discipline team providing design and technical advice on projects lead by seniors or take a discipline lead role on smaller projects.
- Complete detailed designs.
- Carry out feasibility studies for review by colleagues prior to issue.
- Consider the feasibility of the project specific to the discipline and contribute to the overall feasibility study for the project.
- Produce detailed and performance specification for the discipline subject to review by colleagues prior to issue.
- Understand the project appointment and scope of work following a briefing from the project director.
- Provide input and agree a design programme.
- Provide information and agree your input into a 'Cost to Complete' schedule for the appointed work. Monitor your time weekly against the agreed costs.
- Input into the production of fee proposals and technical bids as required..
Financial Management & Resourcing
- Identify personal resourcing concerns to the senior staff for management.
- Manage time on projects to suit deadlines and complete your assigned tasks as stipulated by the WSP project manager.
Key Technical Requirements
- Demonstrate good attention to detail and show pride in the work produced.
- Have an understanding of the Part L regulations applicable to the discipline and how to demonstrate this through calculation.
- Have a working understanding of TAS of IES where it applies to the discipline.
- Have understanding of working with RevitMEP or other 3D design software.
- Have working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Low voltage distribution systems
- Cable calculations via Hevacomp or Amtech
- Cable calculations by hand
- Lighting calculations (via software and by hand)
- Energy lighting
- Small power
- Fire alarms
- Intruder detection
- Access control & security systems
- Disabled call systems
- Data cabling and outlets
- Lightning protection
- CIBSE / IET / IMechE Engineering Council accredited honours degree or specific experience that will lead to Chartership.
- IES or TAS training applied to the discipline.
- RevitMEP training applied to the discipline.
- HNC in Building services Engineering or applicable discipline and showing commitment to continue with higher education.
- Have achieved or working towards I Eng or C Eng status.
- WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical, managerial and commercial consultancy to the built and natural environment. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower.
- We believe that a blend of empowerment and responsibility results in outstanding achievements, as you progress along a flexible career path.
- Maybe you want to use your technical abilities to offer clients clever, imaginative, commercial solutions, or take the lead and bring a client’s vision to reality within time and cost aspirations.
- Whatever route you take, we hold all of our colleagues to the same above-average standards, while providing them with the tools, training and support they need to craft their own journeys.
- Check out www.wsp.com for more about what we do.
- A full and detailed job description can be provided upon request.