Senior Mechanical Engineer
3 days left
- Full Time
WSP have an opportunity for an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineers in our London and Basingstoke offices. You will have the opportunity to work on some of the most exciting and prestigious projects in the world. WSP are currently involved in numerous projects which will reshape the landscape and skyline of London. Although a multi-disciplinary consultancy the WSP MEP team are a tight knit group, working closely to deliver some of the largest and most complex buildings in the UK and Europe.
- Meeting the requirements of an Engineer and have a proven track record in both leading projects for your discipline and for an overall project team. Be able to demonstrate where your personal input has led to the commission being won.
- Able to work using their own initiative with minimal supervision on all technical aspects of their discipline or have specific specialist experience applicable to the role.
- Able to work under the clear direction of the client and interpret the needs of the project as a whole to meet the full delivery needs.
- Work in a joint leadership capacity within a mechanical, electrical and public health (MEP) discipline team providing design and technical advice in a WSP project manager capacity on a wide range of projects.
- Supervise the completion of detailed designs and supervise the work of others in this function.
- Consider the feasibility of the project specific to the discipline and lead the overall feasibility study for the project.
- Take responsibility for and direct others in the production of detailed and performance specification for the discipline subject to review by colleagues prior to issue.
- Regularly brief the project team, explaining the appointment. Ensure contracts / letters of intent are in place for all projects before work begins. Make sure all team members have access to the agreed appointment documents.
- Review the detailed design programme and ensure that sufficient resource is available to complete the works.
- Lead the completion and regular amendment to the project 'Cost to Complete' (CTC). Monitor the work of the project engineers and compare weekly against the previously agreed CTC. Flag up any potential 'profit' or 'loss' to your DTL when compared to the agreed fee.
Key Technical Requirements
- Demonstrate good attention to detail and show pride in the work produced.
- Have a detailed understanding of the Part L regulations applicable to the discipline and how to demonstrate this through calculation.
- Have working understanding of TAS of IES to allow the allocation / direction of work on projects.
- Have understanding of working with RevitMEP or other 3D design software to allow the allocation / direction of work on projects.
- Have working knowledge of AutoCAD to allow the allocation / direction of work on projects.
- Working knowledge of Hevacomp
- U value calculations
- Heat loss calculations
- Heat gain calculations
- Pipe sizing (LTHW, CHW, HWS, CWS etc)
- Pump sizing
- Duct sizing
- Fan sizing
- Fan sizing
- Control valve sizing and authority
- Thermal modelling
- BMS Systems
- Achieved Chartership via an Engineering Council accredited honours degree or specific experience.
- HNC in Building services Engineering or applicable discipline and showing commitment to continue with higher education.
- Chartered Building Services Engineer.