Location Manchester (M5 3HP)
Benefits Competitive + a range of flexible benefits
As a leader in its field, NG Bailey’s BIM strategy forms an integral part of what we do and what we can offer our clients, from improving the efficiency of our offsite manufacture business, to helping our clients to visualise and understand the building services design and offsite solutions prior to us commencing work.
In 2017 we won a number of BIM industry awards including ‘BIM Excellence’ at the Construction News Awards, one of the industry’s leading awards events, and ‘BIM Initiative of the Year’ at both the Building Awards and H&V News Awards. In addition to this success, we are also proud to be the first Tier 2 specialist building services design and engineering contractor to achieve the BSI Kitemark for BIM Design and Construction.
We now have an opportunity for a dynamic, enthusiastic and experienced individual to join our award winning BIM team in the role of BIM Coordinator.
The role will be aimed at supporting key projects across the North of England and will offer the successful applicant the opportunity to expand their knowledge of working with point cloud data and be given the freedom to explore new ideas and technologies.
- Ensure Health & Safety is considered throughout all duties
- Have an excellent knowledge of CDM regulations
- Have excellent communication between the department and the wider construction team
- Have a good understanding of all MEP systems, how they are installed, commissioned and maintained to ensure optimised coordinated solutions and enabling CDM compliance
- Work from engineers/designers calculations, rough sketches or drawings to produce accurate and structured drawings
- Be proficient in the use of various industry standard modelling platforms
- Stay up to date with technology and have a good understanding of how it is being used throughout the industry
To be considered for this opportunity you will have;
- A wide experience of working in BIM modelling environments – specifically Revit - and in providing support to operational staff to resolve issues on projects and maximise productivity.
- A focus on quality and demonstrable experience of delivering a variety of projects to agreed deadlines.
- Proven experience of CAD / BIM in a building services / M&E environment
- Be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of BIM projects, oversee the production and QA of BIM models from point cloud data and survey drawings, and provide support to staff and clients to ensure the most appropriate approach is taken on all project deliveries.
Rewards, Training & Benefits
As a business NG Bailey is unique among its competitors due to our strong in-house design capability. We also provide a rewarding salary and benefits package and maintain high standards in training and development.