Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer
Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer - To £40K + Package
Established in the 1980's this Building Services Consultancy continues to work in true collaboration with end user clients on interesting and complex projects such as laboratories, universities, date centres, museums, libraries and leisure centres.
Supported by a Principal or Associate, the Electrical Design Engineer be responsible for progressing projects from inception to completion. The key elements of your role will include;
- Liaising with client / end users to understand how the buildings will be occupied and used
- Designing electrical services to stage 5
- Ensuring these designs comply with British standards and BREEAM requirements
- Producing employer's requirements for tender documentation
- Attending design team workshops and meetings
- Assist with Building Regulations submission
- Reviewing the contractor design and value engineering proposal
- Attend project progress and site meetings
- The monitoring of onsite installations, checking the quality of the contractor's installations
- Witnessing and signing off the MEP services during the commissioning stages
In addition to these core duties you will also assist with carrying out feasibility studies, condition Surveys and Reports and also trouble shooting on projects you have designed.
The ideal Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer will be HNC / HND in Building Services or Electrical Engineering, be able to use AutoCAD, Amtech and Dialux and have at least three years' experience in Building Services as an Electrical Design Engineer.
In return they offer private medical insurance, 3 % pension, on-site parking, 24 days leave, paid overtime, company mobile and operate a 37.5 hour working week.