Technical Manager (Strategic M&E Expert Lead)
The Technical Services expert will have significant experience of delivering Hard Services FM (M&E) within a demanding, corporate environment; where commercial awareness, critical services, business continuity and client satisfaction is essential.
As Technical Lead, you will be responsible for:
- The safe and successful M&E Service Delivery across the account and be accountable for budget and comprehensive spend management
- Formulating Forward Maintenance Register proposals and Capital Expenditure project plans that include the investment returns that can be achieved on completion
- Lead the In-House Technical FM team to deliver world class engineering services throughout the London sites for our Financial Services client, including M&E and limited specialist services to Data centers including security systems
- Provide technical knowledge and support to Mitie Programme Manager for all ‘technical’ CAPEX and OPEX projects, ensuring the risk is managed, CDM has been considered, specialist requirements have been met and legislation and regulations have been met for all high risk project works
- Ensuring all Engineering activities on the account are controlled and that they are being carried out with due regard to Health & Safety business risk and maintaining the contractual uptime criteria
- Ensure that Resilience is engaged and maintained for Critical Engineering across the London campus
- Responsible for ensuring contractual and variable revenues & margins are in line with budgets
- Be commercially sound and seek to develop contractual and variable revenue streams
- Build and sustain strong relationships with other Mitie service partners, supply partners and clients to inspire teamwork and cohesive Technical delivery
- The jobholder must have and be able to demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Strong Engineering knowledge and experience
- HV Authorised Person is desirable
- Ability to demonstrate a good understanding and technical competency in all Building Services; particularly UPS, Generators, Static Switches, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- High standard of Customer Service skills
- A clear understanding of the latest safety and compliance legislation obligations
- 10 years or longer experience of managing Technical Facilities Management and/or Engineering Services within the outsourcing sector
- Experience of managing high standard corporate account
- Critical Environment/Data Center Management Experience
- Strong understanding of P&L management and Commercial Management
- Proven effective leader and communicator
- Able to build good relationships and stakeholder management
- Highly organised and able to manage their own time effectively
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Ability to motivate and lead a large team; providing both management and technical support
- Attention to detail and the ability to utilises MI available to identify trends and opportunity
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills
There's a lot to know about Mitie so let's start with the facts. We provide facilities, property and energy management for a wide range of public and private sector businesses.
We work with a vast number of clients in every industry, delivering the broadest range of services that can be found in one place: from integrated facilities management, to property services, to energy management and much more.
What makes us different?
We specialise in strategic outsourcing and energy services, bringing together the expertise and capabilities of Mitie to help our clients achieve their organisational goals. In simple terms, we find out what our clients want and use our people and technology to help them get it as efficiently as possible.
Our values and behaviours
An individual's belief in our values and behaviours is as important as their technical and/or professional know how which is why our Job Descriptions are written with these in mind.
Working with our clients
Our specialist skills and knowledge is driven by market expertise. We understand that all of our markets have a unique set of requirements and that these are always changing as clients respond to what is going on around them. Our teams make it their job to know what is happening and make sure that the advice and services we provide are the best they can possibly be.