5 days left
- Full Time
Mechanical or Electrical Engineers seeking an opportunity to develop commercial skills
Your new company
Our client is a leading manufacturer, they are seeking to enhance their buying skills and extract greater value from their global supply base, they hope to achieve this by deploying engineering skills and mind-sets with suppliers in order to focus on cost reduction and value improvement. In light of ever-increasing global cost competition, they need to hire more Mechanical and Electrical Engineers for the Manufacturing Sector. These roles will be a fundamental part of the Procurement function and will require individuals to develop an in-depth knowledge of supplier material specifications, manufacturing processes, sources and costs along with responsibility to meet set improvement targets. This will involve working cross functionally to lead cost reduction and value engineering projects - especially within the area of design engineering - to ensure that our client has reliable components at an optimum cost.
Your new role
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Cost reduction and Value Engineering projects, delivering improvements in line with specific targets set.
- Develop detailed knowledge and understanding of supplier manufacturing and sourcing processes used to produce specific materials and commodities. This is vital to be able to influence and optimise cost and quality.
- Identify key cost drivers. Develop action plans to optimise product costs accordingly.
- Provide technical expertise on specific materials and commodities by liaising closely with design engineering on system integration of these materials and commodities.
- Ensure supplier specification and drawing controls for specified commodities.
- Ensure part number addition and change control approval for specified commodities.
- Provide technical approval input for supplier selection, ensuring Principal Engineer approval.
- Provide estimate costs at early stages of product design and development.
The performance measures within the role are as follows: The main measurement will be achievement of budgeted savings and demonstrating additional value, through collaboration with suppliers, cost and value engineering.
What you'll need to succeed
Our client is seeking ambitious Mechanical/Electrical engineers who have a desire to progress, grow and develop. Ideally you will possess skills in the following areas.
- Possess cost and value engineering (CVE) skills to contribute to increase the competiveness and profitability of our products.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of cost analysis and optimisation, design to value, modularisation and standardisation, supplier productivity improvements and target pricing/target costing, in collaboration with business stakeholders
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of procurement and commodity management in the automotive sector - including sourcing, commercial negotiation, supplier management and global sourcing is required.
- Commercial & Business acumen.
- Supplier relationship management skills.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Ability to convince others and influence outcomes.
- Work in cross-functional teams to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Build strong relationships both internally and externally.
- meet assigned schedules and achieve planned targets and objectives.
What you'll get in return
The position offers an excellent career development opportunity, indeed a rarely available chance for Mechanical and Electrical Engineers to great enhance their commercial skills. In addition the role offers an impressive starting salary and benefits package. To find out more please call Alasdair Reid on 0141 212 3661.
Apply for Mechanical/Electrical Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly