Principal Mechanical Engineer
Our Client has a vacancy for a highly capable and experienced Principal Mechanical Engineer with a minimum of twelve years’ experience. The role combines a need for technical excellence, leading project and team management skills, financial acumen and business development.
Key responsibilities of the role would include:
- Managing teams and projects, mentoring junior staff.
- Responsibility for all technical aspects of projects from inception to completion.
- Ensuring delivery of projects on time and to budget, monitoring workload against deliverables.
- Giving technical presentations to the professional team, delivering internal training/seminars.
- Developing new business opportunities and winning work.
- Financial management including negotiating fees.
- Reviewing appointment documents and scopes of service.
- Demonstrating leadership in all aspects of Health & Safety.
- Assisting directors with recruitment, performance reviews etc.
Technical Knowledge And Skills
Suitable candidates must be able to demonstrate the following technical knowledge and skills:
- Academic requirement: BEng/equal or demonstrable practical experience.
- Attained or working towards Chartered status.
- An excellent understanding of BSRIA BG6 and RIBA stages, Part L, the CDM Regulations, BREEAM, renewable technology etc. and be able to share your knowledge.
- Highly proficient in the use of the following systems; Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Hevacomp or IES, Outlook. Preferably conversant with and able to use AutoCAD and Revit.
- Experienced in condition surveys/report writing (including pre-acquisition, vendor, dilapidations, etc.).
- An excellent understanding of other MEP engineering disciplines, other than your own.
- A flair for working on smaller and quick turnaround projects and the ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- A high level of attention to detail and a good level of oral and written communication, in particular you will have well developed report writing skills.
- Proven leadership and financial management experience.
- Presentable and professional in your demeanour with first-class interpersonal skills.
Apply for Principal Mechanical Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly