Electrical Project / Design Manager - To £85K
We are working with a large global property developer to find them a degree qualified Electrical bias Project / Design Manager to oversee a high-profile £2B mixed-use development in London.
This is a great opportunity for a Principal or Associate level Electrical Engineer to move into a dedicated client side role and be instrumental in the success of the one of the largest mixed-use developments currently under construction in London.
Reporting to the overall Development Director you will be responsible for minimising the risks, ensuring the programme and quality is maintained, managing the M&E design consultants and M&E contractors, monitoring their performance and advising the QS team on all commercial aspects relating to the electrical installations. This will involve;
- Reviewing and approving the MEP design consultants invoicing and Fee variations.
- Requesting proposal briefing documents and appointing the MEP design team.
- Ensuring processes and procedures are followed through the entire project, identifying and resolving risks, coordination issues or quality issues.
- Reviewing, commenting and approving all contractors proposed Value Engineering options
- Overseeing the installation and commissioning of all MEP plant and equipment.
- Maintaining good relationships with external consultants, contractors, trade associations, suppliers
- Leading by example and ensuring all parties remain focussed on delivering excellence.
- Responding to RFI's and managing the flow of information between key stakeholders.
- Carry out regular site meetings and attend design team meetings.
- Produce monthly reports summarising project progress, milestones and challenges.
- Ensuring all engineering information is in accordance with CDM, British, Health and Safety and CIBSE guidelines.
- Degree qualified in Building Services or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in Building Services within a consultancy, D&B contractor or developer.
- Previous experience in seeing major projects (£100M) through from concept to construction.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of Electrical Building Services and a good overview of mechanical, public health and sustainability.
- Good understanding of procurement methods, forms of contracts, commissioning and construction management.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to establish rapport with senior stakeholders, architects, consultants and investors.
- Solid time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- 8% pension
- Private healthcare
- 4 x life assurance
- 25 days leave
- Free gym membership
- Discretionary annual bonus of 10% of base salary
- Good work life balance
Job Ref. 1499