Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Senior Electrical Design Engineer, Up to £45k depending on experience, excellent benefits
A Senior Electrical Engineer will be involved in drawings and commissioning designs. The successful candidate will be working towards Chartership, and have proven design experience, delivering to quality, time and budget. This role will suit someone with an electrical engineering / building services degree, who is enthusiastic, self-motivated, and looking to advance their career.
- Receive brief from Senior Management, be able to contribute to the fee proposal and determine resources.
- Assess staff requirements at each work stage, agreeing these with the Project Manager and be able to manage single disciplinary and multi-disciplinary projects.
- Attend progress, design team and co-ordinate meetings.
- Prepare outline scheme report / technical content of the design information.
- Input to pre-qualification and selection of contractors, respond to tender queries, comment and review tender returns.
- Attend tender / client interviews. Attend site inspection meetings.
- Ensure the project work complies with the Project Management Plan and Programme.
- Prepare specifications, schedules, drawings and any other contract documents developed through the RIBA stages.
- Be competent with electrical engineering calculations (Amtech, Dialux, Hevacomp).
- Obtain the necessary information both internally and externally from Architects, Quantity Surveyors and Design Consultants for the design to proceed.
- Liaise with clients, professional organizations, contractors, suppliers, sub-contractors
- Identify and meet effectively the requirements and expectations of clients Requirements for the role: - An Electrical Engineer or Building Services Engineer.
- Relevant experience in Electrical Engineering design, including areas such as specification writing, calculations, Low voltage distribution.
- A track record of having worked on a variety of Building Services designs across multiple sectors with experience in Healthcare essential
- Experience of seeing conceptual designs through to completion and dealing directly with clients.
- A highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills and a member of a professional Institution or close to achieving professional chartered status.
- Able to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
- Excellent report writing skills, experience of making presentations and attending meetings with clients essential