Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Senior Electrical Design Engineer - M&E Building Services design consultancy based in Corby - Up to £55k
Your new company
M&E Building Services design consultancy based in Kettering are looking for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join their established team. They work on high profile and prestigious projects across most industry sectors.
Your new role
The Senior Electrical Engineer will manage their own engineering projects on a day-to-day basis to ensure the projects are delivered on time and to budget. The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for the detailed design and coordination of electrical solutions including Low Voltage Distribution, Small Power, Communications, Lighting, Fire Alarm Systems, Intruder Alarms, Access Control and Lighting Protection.
- Work as Lead Engineers to produce cost plans and pre-tender estimates and cost comparisons for systems/plant.
- Undertake site visits i.e. surveys and prepare reports.
- Liaise with Architects, Structural Engineers, and Contractors etc.
- Have knowledge of and be up to date with the latest regulations, i.e. British Standards.
- Understand RIBA stages.
- Understand efficiency/sustainability.
- Have knowledge and an understanding of BREEAM.
- IT literate - ability to use technical packages i.e. CAD, Dialux/Relux, Amtech/Hevacomp and 3D Navisworks.
What you'll need to succeed
- Relevant Qualifications i.e. ONC/HNC/Degree in Electrical Engineering or Building Services Engineering.
- At least 5 years experience as an Electrical Design Engineer
- Experience running design projects from initial concept to completion
- Previous experience within a consultancy environment.
- Ability to manage and track numerous projects simultaneously.
What you'll get in return
£40,000 - 55,000 + Car/Carl Allowance
24 days holiday + bank holidays
Private Medical Insurance
Death In Service
Company pension contribution
Excellent opportunity for career progression
For more information please call Ben Fox on 0116 253 8097