As part of an increase in workload my client is looking for an ambitious engineer to join their rapidly growing Fire Engineering Team in London. Working under supervision, this role shall involve working as part of a team to apply Fire Safety Engineering design to all manner of buildings. My client is renowned for delivering engineering solutions across a number of schemes ranging from individual private houses, large scale urban regeneration, commercial offices, education facilities and retail / leisure projects, with construction values up to £200 million. Established in the mid 80's this consultancy has grown rapidly, now employing over 70 staff.
- A degree in Fire Engineering, Building Science or equivalent;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- A good understanding / knowledge of current UK Fire Safety Legislation;
- Experience in the application of Fire Engineering techniques and principals;
- Experience of working within a fire safety engineering team.
The core role and responsibilities for the successful individual shall be:
- Production, with guidance, fire safety strategy documents to inform and support the development throughout the design process on various types of buildings across a number of sectors;
- Identify and specify, with support, the need for fire safety systems (i.e. sprinkler systems, smoke ventilation systems and relevant detection and alarm systems) to support the fire engineering design solutions
- Carry out and review, with support, Fire Engineering calculations;
- Understand and apply UK Fire Safety Legislation for the relevant developments;
- Represent (with support initially) my client at design team meetings and at fire safety workshops as and when required;
- Have good time management skills for meeting previously agreed project deliverable dates;
- With support, negotiate as necessary with the Approval Authorities on the fire safety design principles and proposals.