Asset Performance Engineer - MEP Services - Building Services
Due to planned growth, a leading international building services consultancy are looking for an "Asset Performance Engineer" with a solid understanding of MEP design, building and plant replacement upgrades, maintenance, troubleshooting and MEP management to work as part of their specialist existing buildings team.
The current team structure will allow the "Asset Performance Engineer" to progress quickly through the firm with the expectation of moving into a second-in-charge role within the next 12 - 24 months.
The role will involve taking a lead in the design, documentation and management of major Plant upgrade, carrying out energy audits and surveys to identify carbon and cost savings, carrying out plant and condition surveys, due diligence or vendor Audits and trouble-shooting to identify poorly performing plant or equipment.
You will also provide input into BMS upgrade and improvement projects (including providing payback periods and financing options) and provide advice to building owners on maintenance and plant management and audit and analyse the maintenance reports prepared by specialist contractors and also assist with the preparation of maintenance budgets / Tender specifications.
You will also be required to review and critique design work carried by both internal and external design consultants and ensure they are fit for purpose, represent the best value for money, adhere with their QA policy and meet the client's requirements. You will also liaise with contractors and sub-contractors to address any construction, scheduling or coordination issues and flag these up to the Asset Performance Manager before they affect the programme.
As you progress, you will be expected to get more involved in establishing procedures, standards and specifications to be used with the view of establishing "Best Practices" and also assist in reviewing the financial performance of the Asset Performance group in London.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree qualified in Building Services, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a practical background (ie completed Apprenticeship) combined with relevant experience.
- At least three years practical field experience in a Technical Facilities Management / Asset Performance Engineering role or a design role.
- Previous experience as a Project Co-ordinator and experience coordinating between disciplines and management of finances and fees.
- Previous experience managing projects from inception to handover and experience optimising of existing buildings / MEP installations.
- Previous experience in existing building refurbishments, upgrades and providing asset management consultancy advice with the aim of increasing energy efficiency and ROI.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious MEP Asset Performance Engineer to join an entrepreneurial global consultancy and work closely with major high-end London property developers on a range of large commercial, residential, retail and hotel projects.
In return they offer a great working and life balance, 25 days leave, contribution towards gym membership, pension, an active social club and an early finish on the last Friday of the month.
More searches like this
- Building services (general) Project Management jobs in South East England
- Electrical engineering Project Management jobs in South East England
- Facilities Management Project Management jobs in South East England
- Maintenance management Project Management jobs in South East England
- Mechanical engineering Project Management jobs in South East England