Senior Mechanical Engineer (leading to Associate)
Senior Mechanical Engineer (leading to Associate) London - £40K to £50K + Excellent Package
Human Capital Solutions is currently working in partnership with a leading global Building Services Consultancy. They are currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to be based in their central London office.
The successful candidate will be called upon to manage and lead aspects of the team and associated projects and should have ambitions to work towards developing their knowledge towards leading the team within a two year period.
Strong, client facing communication skills are paramount to the success of the role and full support towards Chartership will be provided for a candidate who is not yet Chartered.
The team you will be joining focuses on design, upgrade and maintenance management within existing buildings, working with clients to optimise the services with their building. The role complements the core design business and enables our client to provide an integrated one stop consultancy.
Full technical Design is undertaken across refurbishments covering a broad range of sectors including Commercial, Residential and Mixed-Use Hotels. Always working on behalf of the Developer/Landlord the team is involved with large scale refurbishments to ad-hoc trouble shooting and would range from refurbishment of a 200+ room hotel and large Commercial fit-Out's to smaller plant replacement projects.
Candidates should have a strong technical grounding in Building Services Mechanical Design. The additional Surveying and Maintenance and Project Management knowledge can be learned in the role due course.
- Major refurbishment/upgrade projects across all disciplines
- Design and management of plant upgrade works across all disciplines
- Preparation of reports covering all facets of existing buildings including
- Act as project co-ordinator on selected Asset Performance projects, taking a lead role in establishing advice given to clients
- Review design work carried out under Asset Performance commissions
- Review technical submissions by Contractors and Sub-Contractors against the specified requirements
- Attend site meetings as appropriate and report on the status of the work and any items of concern
- Liaise with Contractors and Sub-Contractors to address construction related issues
- Plant and services condition auditing
- Fault finding and trouble-shooting
- Due Diligence or Vendor Audits
- Upgrade or refurbishment audits of existing building stock including the preparation cost estimates for the Services component of the project
- Energy Audits and the development of efficiency options
- Maintenance and Plant Management
As you develop technically within the role you will also be shown how to prepare and submit proposals for projects and take responsibility for financial performance. You will also develop your own marketing acumen with the assistance of senior management.
In Summary, this opportunity would suit an ambitious engineer who has a solid technical background, looking to work their way towards senior management, within a business that has a structure and client base to facilitate exceptional career development.