Mechanical Associate - To £60K + 25 days leave, 5% pen
An innovative and quality driven building services practice located in Birmingham are looking to appoint a Principal / Associate Mechanical Engineer. This is a great opportunity to get involved in a complex education, healthcare, hotel and industrial projects from feasibility, through design, build, handover, completion and post occupancy evaluations.
Having tripled in size over the past five years they now operate from three UK offices and employ 45 staff. They continue to regard their staff as their greatest assets and have maintained outstanding levels of staff retention, excellent levels of repeat business from clients and have recently secured the prestigious "CIBSE Employer of the Year" award.
As an Associate you will be responsible Design Management, leading projects, leading teams and developing both existing and new relationships with Architects, Developers and Project Managers. Your role will generally include;
- Defining design methods and preparing specifications, performance requirements, feasibility studies, engineering designs and layouts and cost estimates.
- Providing a detailed breakdown on projects summarising terms of methods, costs, time schedules and resource requirements.
- Carrying site inspections and producing technical reports.
- Supervising Engineers and/or supplying them with design information for the production of suitable documents.
- Allocating the work and setting out the methods of design; specifications, layouts, technology, materials or ancillary equipment to be used on each project.
- Review and agree design changes required by commissioning, site or construction difficulties.
- Consistently review the designs, layouts, specifications, cost estimates, reports and proposals to agreed objectives or performance requirements.
- Supervise, mentor and motivate a design team or Engineers and Revit MEP Technicians.
- Maintain excellent client and design team relationships through proactive communication to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities where appropriate with existing and new clients.
This is a great opportunity for an Associate to join a cash rich, employee owned and innovative Building Services Consultancy and work closely with the Director to essentially manage the team, deliver projects and assist in doubling the MEP team over the next 12 - 24 months.
The ideal Mechanical Associate will be client facing, have at least eight years' experience as a Mechanical Building Services Design Engineer, have a good network of contacts within the West Midlands market and be comfortable leading projects and teams through all RIBA stages.
In addition to a generous salary of up to £60K they offer 25 days leave, 5% pension, annual discretionary bonus (circa 5 - 10%) and also payment of one professional membership.
retention rate they have now firmly established themselves as one of Londons leading Building Services practices have secured a number of high profile hotel, mixed use and high specification commercial office projects.
Reporting to the Director, you will be responsible for leading projects, defining design methods, specifications and performance requirements; carrying out / supervising site inspections; preparing design and economic feasibility studies, surveys and reports, engineering designs and layouts and producing specifications, cost estimates, technical content of enquiries and quotations and technical literature.
You will also be required to use your effective time management skills to plans engineering projects in terms of methods, costs, time schedules and staff requirements.
Additional responsibilities will include providing recommendations choice of suppliers, specialist contractors, identifying and implementing best practices and also maintaining key client relationships are maintained.