Senior Mechanical (HVAC) Design Engineer - Bristol
Due to a recent promotion, this medium sized Building Services Consultancy are looking for a client facing Senior Mechanical Design Engineer with at least six years experience in HVAC Design to assist the Partner in running the Bristol office.
This will include leading client meetings, delivering projects and supporting, inspire and nurturing the MEP team and generating repeat work by consistently provide robust, energy efficient solutions across a range of education, commercial office, research, large scale residential and healthcare projects.
They have experienced an impressive and stable period of growth over the past five years and their Bristol office has now become one of the most successful and profitable offices across their network of 10 offices.
Having recently secured a number of major projects and also renewed a new framework with a major university, they are in a great position and have a steady order book for the next 12 months.
The main duties will involve;
* Designing and delivering multiple and varied projects concurrently.
* Managing engineering, Revit and Sustainability resources across various design stages.
* Act as a single point of contact for clients for HVAC, PH and Sustainability disciplines
* Lead client facing and design team meetings.
* Delivering workshops to clients and architects on topics such as holistic environmental design, Energy Modelling, carbon reduction, district heating and passive design.
* Producing reports, specifications and coordinated drawings from concept to construction and hand-over.
* Ensuring all designs deliver cost effective solutions in line with the clients requirements.
* Designing and delivering work to a high standard within tight timescale
* Remaining proactive and flexible to overcome any issues enconterred during the construction stage.
* Help generate repeat business through exceptional customer care of existing clients.
* Degree qualified in mechanical engineering or building services.
* Minimum of six years' experience in the design of HVAC services with the building services industry.
* Able to liaise, interact and influence with clients confidently and clearly.
* Good understanding of IES, Hevacomp and Revit.
* Member of a recognised institution such as CIBSE, The IET or EI.
* Familiar with passive building design from both an environmental and energy efficiency perspective.