Senior Mechanical Engineer
A successful engineering consultancy that has been established for over 30 years is looking to expand due to continued project wins and a fruitful year.
As part of an increase in workload they are looking to recruit a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their Building Services department delivering engineering solutions across a number of schemes ranging from individual private houses, large scale urban regeneration, commercial offices, education facilities and retail / leisure projects, with construction values up to £200 million.
Established in the mid 80's they have had a sustained and steady growth. They are a client-focused multi-disciplinary practice of Building Services Engineering Consultants, based in North London, with a reputation for being flexible and responsive to changing environments while staying focused on clients' needs. They believe their diverse approach to building design enables a greater holistic approach to system selection and suitability.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer you should be technically capable of managing a portfolio of projects, including works at both planning and detailed design stages. You should also be able to communicate clearly and effectively with the internal teams and management of the company from Graduate to Director Level. Externally you will be required to liaise with Clients, Architects and contractors, maintaining good business relationships with all members of the team and promoting other services provided by the company.
Required Qualifications / Experience:
- BEng / HND in relevant discipline
- Minimum 5 years in similar role
- Proven track record in delivery of projects from concept to practical completion
- Experience in completion of ventilation, heating, cooling and water sizing
- Knowledge of Building Regulations Part B, G, F & L
- Proven experience in delivering a mixture of development typologies, ranging from individual
residential properties to commercial offices / hotels
- Knowledge of AutoCAD software
- Knowledge of Sustainability assessment methods (BREEAM, Code for Sustainable Homes,
Optional Qualifications / Experience:
- Working knowledge of Building Information Modelling (BIM) and associated software
- User of IES Virtual Environment (IES-VE) software
- Experience in completion of SAP, iSBEM and/or Dynamic Simulation Modelling (DSM) calculations
My client is able to offer a unique place to work, where collaboration and support is provided from Junior through to Director Level. The company is a professional member of the Chartered Institute of Building Service Engineers (CIBSE) and actively encourages staff to progress Chartered status, supported through CPD events and in-house training.