Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer - Nottinghamshire - Work From Home
Your new company
An independent, forward thinking company, my client offers an in house service, with a team of mechanical, electrical, civil and structural engineers working together within the business to be able to provide an excellent service to clients. Projects are varied, including MoD, schools and residential to name a few.
Your new role
As Mechanical Design Engineer you must ensure that designs are produced in line with the final design philosophy agreed between the client and estimating department at final negotiation and that the design is achievable within the tender budget and that the company secures repeat work with the client and maintain relationships between estimating and the projects department.
- Providing Technical design assistance to all departments within the company as necessary.
- Attending design meetings to ensure that the design philosophy agreed at tender stage is conveyed in the design.
- Ensuring that all design and drawings and produced in good time to allow for sign off process to be adhered to.
- Liaising with external design specialists to achieve suitable and detailed design deliverables.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will need an excellent understanding and knowledge of mechanical systems (AutoCAD, Hevacomp, Relux) with a history of experience in the appropriate disciplines.
- You may also be required to be part of a professional or chartered body.
- Driving License
- HNC/HND in Mechanical / Building Services Engineering
- Full understanding of current British Standards and associated Legislation
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.